As we continue the discussion on treating your employees as your customers, let’s revisit some of our previous discussions about the quality of customer service. Consider servicing your internal customers, as you would your external customers. If you do not spend the time required to service your employees, then you may not be in business much longer.
Just as some businesses have customer loyalty programs you should also have such a program for your employees as well. Here are some tips that you should consider when dealing with your employees that they are sure to appreciate:
- Put your employees first and consider their needs
- Don’t be too busy to speak with your employees, make time for face-to-face interaction if that’s not possible then on the phone. I do not recommend email unless you have a problem employee and you need a paper trail.
- Show compassion in your eyes, and smile through your voice
- Practice active listening when interacting with them
- Pay attention to non-verbal communication
- Listen (not only hear) with your whole body
- Reiterate or summarize their needs
- Build a relationship by getting to know them personally but set boundaries
Through these efforts, you can be ahead of the competition. If your internal customers, who support you, know that you believe in and support them, they will, in turn, do the same for you. Thank you for reading this 3-Part Series, Treat Your Employees As Your Customers, I would love to hear from you.
Connect with me at Jabez Enterprise Group (JEGroup), @JEGroupBiz, LinkedIn, Facebook to see what we are doing next, receive consulting or training services, speaking engagements or to become a part of The What’s Next Effect (The WNE) pick up your copy of Get the Cheese, Avoid the Traps: An Interactive Guide to Government Contracting.
Founder/Small Business Ambassador/Published Author
Jabez Enterprise Group (JEGroup)
“Don’t think small or your limitations, think business” Vernita Naylor