Face 4Ward is designed to highlight businesses that are making positive impacts not only within their communities but throughout the world.
After a twenty-five-year career in retail and technology consulting and executive management, Bernadette Boas left corporate America in 2008. Upon leaving she experienced a life transformation that birthed her first book ‘Shedding the Corporate Bitch: Shifting from Bitch to Rich in Life and Business.’ The success of the book was the catalyst for her business Ball of Fire Inc., a Consulting, Media and Publishing Company.
Ball of Fire Inc provides training, speaking and consulting services to help professional women, businesses and company cultures shed negative belief systems and political cultures so that they can build their own legacy. “Each one of us has a great purpose to this one life we get. Be sure to spend time each and every day to discover, pursue and achieve it. You deserve it!”
Each year she identifies three individuals and/or businesses that would benefit from her complimentary coaching and consulting services for personal or business development and empowerment. She feels so blessed with the support, experience and best practices of so many and is honored to pay it forward to others. We had a chance to get up close and personal with her on the secrets to her success and what Ball of Fire Inc looks like within the near future.
With a fluctuating economy, what is the secret to your success?
Having absolute faith, and believing I could change people’s lives – no matter the critics. I also never blamed the recession or the saturation of speakers/coaches in the market. Instead, I leveraged the down turn, knowing that in tough times, people and businesses need help more than ever. Like dating, you have to kiss a lot of frogs before you find your prince; the same is true in business.
What are some of your top tips for business owners?
1) Find your unique ‘hook’ that makes you different from all of the other people in your field.
2) Believe in yourself, your product or service, and never devalue it (price).
3) Research, Test, Fail and Adjust. If the customers are not coming and/or prices are not working, research and test your client base. Be okay if it fails, then adjust – repeat as needed.
What does Ball of Fire Inc looks like within the near future?
1) I will be completing the film screenplay of my book ‘Shedding the Corporate Bitch: Shifting from Bitch to Rich in Life and Business.’
2) Roll out the events, speaking engagements and training being requested: influencing thousands of professional women, businesses and company cultures to shift from bitch to rich in business and life.
Contact her at:
If you want to stay up-to-date on government programs, lending, events or other small business initiatives subscribe with us. Have a great story, comments or want to be featured on Face 4Ward contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or visit us at www.jabezenterprisegroup.com.