Nominate your favorite business now for National Small Business Week 2013. Every year SBA honors the outstanding accomplishments of small business owners, as well as, public and private sector resource partners as part of 2013 National Small Business Week. Under the leadership of President Obama it is his goal to provide incentives to help businesses grow, stimulate the economy and increase the ability to effectively compete globally.
Throughout the U.S. there will be ceremonies, special events and awards presented to several businesses and resource partners. The following are the award categories:
- Small Business Person of the Year (one from each of the 50 states including the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands, and Guam);
- Phoenix Awards (for disaster recovery);
- Federal Procurement Awards;
- SBA Resource Partners;
- 504 Lender of the Year (does not require public nominations);
- 7(a) Small Business Lender of the Year;
- SCORE Chapter of the Year (does not require public nominations) and
- Small Business Investment Company of the Year (does not require public nominations)
For those businesses that wish to participate please see if you fit the criteria National Small Business Week. Nominations must be postmarked or hand-delivered to a SBA District Office nearest you no later than December 14, 2012. For update information please visit www.sba.gov or contact the SBA District Office nearest you
To stay up-to-date on government programs, lending, events or other small business initiatives subscribe with us. Have a great story, comments or want to be featured on Face 4Ward contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or visit us at www.jabezenterprisegroup.com.